For six consecutive years, PRS, Inc. has been recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For in the U.S. PRS, Inc. exists so that individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and anyone who faces life crises can achieve safety, personal wellness, recovery and community integration. PRS partners with our clients to increase independence, manage disability, and work toward volunteerism, educational opportunities, employment or other valued roles of their choosing through the following services:
- Recovery Academy – curriculum-based, group-oriented skills training and supports offered at locations in Alexandria and Tysons Corner;
- Community Support Services – individualized skills training and supports offered in clients’ homes or in relevant community settings where services may be needed such as banks, medical facilities, etc.;
- Employment Services – individualized skills training and supports focused on helping clients choose, get and keep jobs; offered in northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.;
- Community Housing – non-time-limited supported residential services;
- PRS CrisisLink – Brings immediate help, hope and healing to empower individuals facing serious life challenges, suicidal thoughts, and emotional or situational problems through programs including: 24/7 crisis and suicide prevention hotline, crisis textline, CareRing (outbound calling program), and Community Training and Community Education;
- Coordinated Specialty Care Programs – Recovery-oriented treatment programs for youth and young adults with first episode psychosis. CSC offers skill teaching, case management, supported employment, supported education, family education and support, peer support and psychiatric services. PRS partners with the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board to offer the CSC program, Turning Point. PRS partners with the Loudoun County Community Services Board to offer the CSC Program LINC (Linking Individuals and Navigating Care);
- BeWell – Integrates primary health care and behavioral health settings, with the goal of improving the physical health of adults living with serious mental illnesses. The BeWell program is offered in partnership with the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board.
We are looking for employees and volunteers that will be committed to our vision to empower our clients to make and implement informed decisions about their recovery, participate in activities in their community, and improve and sustain their overall wellness.